My career in acting and broadcasting began pretty much simultaneously. As a performer you need to be a triple-threat, but that doesn't necessarily mean sing, act, dance. For me it's been a combo of acting, voice-over and broadcasting!
Some of the theatre companies I have performed with over the years include Workshop West (Hooking for Paradise, world premiere), the Citadel Theatre (Henry the IV, Pt 1, among others), Chinook Theatre (Tartuffe), Chemainus Theatre Festival, and Blue Bridge Repertory Theatre (The Glass Menagerie),and most recently as a part of The Belfry Theatre's 'Sparkfest'.
In broadcasting I worked on-air for radio stations K97 and CISN in Edmonton. Following that, I landed in Toronto where my years there were spent on-air at Q107, as well as a stint weekend hosting for talk giant CFRB. And while in Toronto I did a lot of voice-over work, mostly national radio and TV, and began my own radio syndication company. Oh, and I became a mom!
I now work out of Vancouver and Victoria, BC where I work as an actor in theatre, film, television and animation. TV Series: Motive, Arrow, Intruders, The L Word. TV movies and feature films: Cranberry Christmas, Love at the Ranch, Framed for Murder; a Fixer Upper Mystery, The Mermaid Chair, Tron Legacy and others. I've also hosted and worked as a life-style reporter and host in in television, as well as teaching and coaching actors. I am also a Certified Mindfulness Instructor, and use meditation and mindfulness practices in my teaching.
That's about it. Thanks for reading!
A bit about me...
• Currently work-shopping Dinner with Nigel by playwright David Simmonds. What a wonderful comedy...and I'm working with two very talented actors (and friends), John Emmet Tracy (Yellowstone, Batwoman, iZombie) and Ryan Hesp (Supernatural, Batwoman).
• Back teaching at the Victoria Academy of Dramatic Arts and their 2021 graduating class! The TV and film business in booming and I am so excited for my students as they venture out ! 💜
• Just wrapped Season 3 of Gigantosaurus for Disney Jnr! So grateful to have been a part of this wonderful children's animation series that is so well-loved by parents and pre-schoolers! What's next? There's rumours but....shhhhhh!
• Acting in theatre has certainly changed! Just completed performing Joe Leslie's wonderful all-woman cast of Trajectory of Desire for the Belfry Theatre's "Sparkfest". All on Zoom, but magical none-the-less.
• In the midst of preproduction on the dark drama, Empty Spaces where I will take on the role of Peggy. Directed by Lukas Hanulak, the story reveals the tragic tale of grief in a small town family.
•You can catch me in Love at Cedar Creek this coming spring. I had such fun playing the hard-nosed business woman, Ivy Stone opposite the lovely Jon Cor and Laura Jane Mitchell, and directed by David Strasser. Coming to a TV near you in 2021!
•Get in the spirit of the season with the Hallmark movie Cranberry Christmas where I play actor Benjamin Ayers' mom, Mary. Had a wonderful time working with Ben and Nikki DeLoach under the direction of Linda Lisa Hayter. Airing in the U.S. on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and in Canada on W and streaming on Stack TV.
• Have had a wonderful time continuing the role of Ayati, one of the regular characters on Disney's new animated TV show Gigantosaurus. Every kid loves dinosaurs, right? Even the big kids! Such fun!
• Always great to join in the fun on an animation series. Had a great time as a guest star Polly Pocket, Season 2.
• Had a blast working on Bryan Skinner's improv feature Open for Submission. It was a bit of a reunion for some of us --Johannah Newmarch (When Calls the Heart), John Emmet Tracey (iZombie, 50 Shades Free), Chris Mackie (Two4One, The Devout) and I were in the feature Cascadia a few years back., and John, Tyler Parr and I worked on Runaway Production (also directed by Bryan) . It's a small world!
• Catch me in the Hallmark movie Framed for Murder: A Fixer Upper Mystery starring recording artist Jewel. It's been regularly airing on television over the last few months.
• Ever wondered what it's like to act in a Virtual Reality game? I'll be part of a live panel at M-CON to promote the Cloudhead VR game The Gallery: Episode 2 : Heart of the Emberstone, in which I acted opposite the wonderful Adrian Hough. Come say hello and learn more about this fascinating new realm for actors! It will be held at the Nanaimo Convention Centre, with all proceeds going to The Children's Wish Foundation...which is awesome!
•Indie short Watching Something Private will soon be released and hitting the film festival circuit. More on that soon!