My career in acting and broadcasting began pretty much simultaneously. As a performer you need to be a triple-threat, but that doesn't necessarily mean sing, act, dance. For me it's been a combo of acting, voice-over and broadcasting!
As a film and TV actor you may have seen me in TV series like Family Law, Chesapeake Shows, Motive, Arrow, Intruders, or The L Word. TV movies and feature films I've been in include Why Can't My Life Be a Romcom? Greed - a 7 Deadly Sins Story, A Christmas Star, Cranberry Christmas, Love at the Ranch, Open for Submissions, Framed for Murder; a Fixer Upper Mystery, The Mermaid Chair, Tron Legacy and many others. And then there's the fun of playing characters in animation series such as Gigantosaurus, Njango, Polly Pocket, among others.
Some of the theatre companies I have performed with over the years include Workshop West (Hooking for Paradise, world premiere), the Citadel Theatre (Henry the IV, Pt 1, among others), Chinook Theatre (Tartuffe), Chemainus Theatre Festival, and Blue Bridge Repertory Theatre (The Glass Menagerie), and others.
But as I said, broadcasting was a big part of my world where I worked on-air for radio stations K97 and CISN in Edmonton, and in Toronto on-air at Q107, as well as talk giant CFRB. And while in Toronto I did a lot of voice-over work, mostly national radio and TV, and began my own radio syndication company. Oh, and I became a mom!
I've also hosted and worked as a life-style reporter and host in in television, as well as teaching and coaching actors. I am also a Certified Mindfulness Instructor, and use meditation and mindfulness practices in my teaching.
That's about it. Thanks for reading!
A bit about me...
• So thrilled to now have my online course Acting Mindfully now available at ActingMindfully.com. This course teaches core techniques on mindfulness practices that are especially tailored for actors and performers.
• Working alongside the incredible Victor Garber in an episode of Family Law (season 3) was such a treat. I've been a fan of his work as long as I can remember!
• After appearing on Chesapeake Shores' alongside its star Treat Williams, I was so sad to learn that he tragically passed away this year. Shocking news for a well loved actor who has given so many wonderful performances throughout his career.
• The romantic comedy, Why Can't My Life Be a Rom Com"? starring Em Graine (Chilling adventures of Sabrina, Reginald the Vampire) airs on E! on February 18th. Great fun playing the mom of Em's love interest played by Markian Tarasiuk (Christmas at the Golden Dragon).
• Another short film Boxed has also been making the award rounds at various festivals. In this sci-fi drama I played the role of a CSIS director, Dr. Avalon. It's a tense and exciting thriller.
• The short drama Empty Spaces in which I played bereaved widow Peggy, has been sweeping up awards at the Berlin Shorts Awards, Vancouver Independent Film Festival among others. Congrats to all the cast and crew and director Lukas Hanulak.
• It was such a treat this summer to film a fun role with an iconic actor for a wonderful TV series. Sometimes you can't say more than that, but I will be sure to promote it when the time is right! 🤫
•I'll be on an upcoming episode of a beloved TV series that I filmed this summer. Shhh! More on that soon. 🤫
•Voiced a fun character on the latest season of Njango! Who doesn't love Lego? Who doesn't love cartoons? Put the two together and it's like hot chocolate with marshmallows!
• Spring of 2022 saw the release of the Lifetime movie Greed, a Seven Deadly Sins Story. Starring Monique Coleman, Lisa Ray and Eric Benet, I had a fabulous time playing the role of Rochelle Rollins, a complex woman with underlying secrets!
• I'll be returning to teach in earnest at the Victoria Academy of Dramatic Arts, which recently was named one of Canada's top acting schools by none other than Casting Workbook! Coming up, I'll be heading part-time evening classes in "Acting for Film & TV," and for the full time program, "Auditioning & Career Planning".
• Recently completed filming a soon-to-be released film for Lifetime. I'll provide more details in the very near future!
• Had a wonderful time on set on A Christmas Star playing Gigi, the mother of Daniel Lissing (When Calls the Heart), along with Sara Canning and under the direction of Jessica Harmon. It aired in December as part of the lineup for GAC family, a new and exciting American television network.
• Excited to be getting back to the classroom this fall to teach "Acting Mindfully" for the full-time students at the Victoria Academy of Dramatic Arts. And as I branch out, I will also be offering "Acting Mindfully" at my own studio both in person and on-line! Would love to see you there!
• Just completed shooting a fantastic show. I'm actually not privy to share too much, but let me just say that it will have you sitting on the edge of your seat. Every member of the cast and crew were so stoked to be working on it. There is something really wonderful about working with a team of people who are so dedicated. More to come!
• Currently work-shopping Dinner with Nigel by playwright David Simmonds. What a wonderful comedy...and I'm working with two very talented actors (and friends), John Emmet Tracy (Yellowstone, Batwoman, iZombie) and Ryan Hesp (Supernatural, Batwoman).
• Back teaching at the Victoria Academy of Dramatic Arts and their 2021 graduating class! The TV and film business is booming and I am so excited for my students as they venture out ! 💙
• Just wrapped Season 3 of Gigantosaurus for Disney Jnr! So grateful to have been a part of this wonderful children's animation series that is so well-loved by parents and pre-schoolers! What's next? There's rumours but....shhhhhh!
• Acting in theatre has certainly changed! Just completed performing Jo Leslie's wonderful all-woman cast of Trajectory of Desire for the Belfry Theatre's "Sparkfest". All on Zoom, but magical none-the-less.
• In the midst of preproduction on the dark drama, Empty Spaces where I will take on the role of Peggy. Directed by Lukas Hanulak, the story reveals the tragic tale of grief in a small town family.
•You can catch me in Love at the Ranch this coming spring. I had such fun playing the hard-nosed business woman, Ivy Stone opposite the lovely Jon Cor and Laura Jane Mitchell, and directed by David Strasser. Coming to a TV near you in 2021!
•Get in the spirit of the season with the Hallmark movie Cranberry Christmas where I play actor Benjamin Ayers' mom, Mary. Had a wonderful time working with Ben and Nikki DeLoach under the direction of Linda Lisa Hayter. Airing in the U.S. on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and in Canada on W and streaming on Stack TV.
• Have had a wonderful time continuing the role of Ayati, one of the regular characters on Disney's new animated TV show Gigantosaurus. Every kid loves dinosaurs, right? Even the big kids! Such fun!
• Always great to join in the fun on an animation series. Had a great time as a guest star Polly Pocket, Season 2.
• Had a blast working on Bryan Skinner's improv feature Open for Submission. It was a bit of a reunion for some of us --Johannah Newmarch (When Calls the Heart), John Emmet Tracey (iZombie, 50 Shades Free), Chris Mackie (Two4One, The Devout) and I were in the feature Cascadia a few years back., and John, Tyler Parr and I worked on Runaway Production (also directed by Bryan) . It's a small world!
• Catch me in the Hallmark movie Framed for Murder: A Fixer Upper Mystery starring recording artist Jewel. It's been regularly airing on television over the last few months.
• Ever wondered what it's like to act in a Virtual Reality game? I'll be part of a live panel at M-CON to promote the Cloudhead VR game The Gallery: Episode 2 : Heart of the Emberstone, in which I acted opposite the wonderful Adrian Hough. Come say hello and learn more about this fascinating new realm for actors! It will be held at the Nanaimo Convention Centre, with all proceeds going to The Children's Wish Foundation...which is awesome!
•Indie short Watching Something Private will soon be released and hitting the film festival circuit. More on that soon!